What were the Blue Velvets?
2. Which male artist was known as the Prince of Wails?
3. What did Michael Jackson, Lesley Gore, Miles Davis and Frank Sinatra have in common?
4. The Mother McCree’s Uptown Jug Champions was the second name of which band?
5. Name the band that released “More Than a Feeling” and “Peace of Mind.”
6. Which singer/songwriter penned and released “Free Fallin’” and “I Won’t Back Down”?
1. The Blue Velvets (1959) were John Fogerty’s first band. He later formed The Golliwogs (1964), and then Creedence Clearwater Revival (1967).
2. Johnnie Ray. He was probably the first singer to incite teen fans to hysteria and crying that would later become com- mon with groups such as the Beatles.
3. All had albums produced by Quincy Jones. Over the years, Jones has racked up a 27 Grammy wins as producer.
4. The Grateful Dead. Founded by Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir, Ron McKernan, Phil Lesh and Bill Kreutzmann, the band had a brief initial run as The Warlocks.
5. Boston, in 1976 and 1977, respectively. “ Feeling” was used in the movie “Close Encounters of the Third Kind.”
6. Tom Petty in 1989, on his solo “Full Moon Fever” album.
©2012 King Features Synd.