Five inmates from Letcher County were released recently from the custody of the Kentucky Department of Corrections.
• Mitchell Darringer Adams, 25, was released from prison May 6 after being in jail since Feb. 13, 2008. He was serving a 13-year sentence for complicity to theft by unlawful taking more than $300 and (two counts) second-degree trafficking in a controlled substance. He is planned to reside at 2748 Highway 931 South, Whitesburg.
• Albert Ray Wilder, 45, was freed May 6. He was serving a five-year sentence for third-degree arson and had been in prison since May 20, 2009.
• Paul Hall, 25, who had been in prison since Nov. 8, 2004, was freed April 28. He was convicted of first-degree escape, seconddegree assault, third-degree assault, third-degree burglary, first-degree promoting contraband, two counts of first-degree criminal mischief and two counts of bail jumping. Hall was serving a 12-year sentence.
• Susan Jackson, 20, was released from prison April 26. She had been in jail since Aug. 11, 2009. She was serving a five-year sentence for tampering with a witness. She is planned to reside in Lexington.
• Earl Scott Adams, 46, was released from prison April 24. He had been in prison since Oct. 20, 1997 and was serving a 20-year sentence for second-degree rape (no force) and unlawful transaction with a minor.