A record number of students, including seven from Letcher County, were named to the University of Kentucky Dean’s List for the fall 2010 semester. A total of 5,030 students were recognized for their outstanding academic performance. This is the first time UK’s Dean’s List has topped 5,000.
To make a Dean’s List in one of the UK colleges, a student must earn a grade point average of 3.6 or higher and must have earned 12 credits or more in that semester, excluding credits earned in pass-fail classes. Some UK colleges require a 3.5 GPA to make the Dean’s List.
Students from Letcher County include:
• Chase Leon Adams, a freshman majoring in chemistry in the Bachelor of Science program;
• Lesley Drew Cornett, a junior majoring in secondary education- English education in the Bachelor of Arts in Education program;
• Seth Daniel Gover, a senior majoring in architecture in the Bachelor of Arts in Architecture program;
• Johnny Layton Johnson, a freshman majoring in chemistry in the Bachelor of Science program;
• Kristan Leeann McCullum, a senior majoring in integrated strategic communication in the Bachelor of Science program;
• James Emmett McCullum III, a senior majoring in marketing in the Bachelor of Business Administration program; and
• Whitney Caitlin Smith, a freshman majoring in chemistry in the Bachelor of Arts program.