1. “Reach Out I’ll Be There” was the signature song for which Motown group?
2. Who released “Can’t Get Used to Losing You” in 1963?
3. Name the trio that released “Don’t Pull Your Love.”
4. Who was the other half of the duo who released “Mockingbird”? Carly Simon and …
5. Name the song that contains this lyric: “The others were untrue, But when it came to loving you, I’d spend my whole life with you, Cause you came and you took control, You touched my very soul.”
Answers 1. The Four Tops, in 1966. After two weeks at the top of the charts, it was bumped by “96 Tears.” 2. Andy Williams. In 1980, The Beat came out with a reggae version. 3. Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds, in 1971. Years later, the Glen Campbell single had a typo on the cover sleeve, leaving out the R in “your.” 4. James Taylor. 5. “You’ve Made Me So Very Happy,” first released in 1967 by co-writer Brenda Holloway and two years later by Blood, Sweat & Tears. Holloway’s version only reached No. 39 on the charts, but the BS&T version went to No. 2.
©2015 King Features Synd.