Whitesburg KY

Appealing SSI

Question: My application for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) was recently denied. Can I appeal the decision?

Answer: If you disagree with a decision made on your claim, you can appeal it. The steps you can take are explained in our online publication, Your Right To Question A Decision Made On Your Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Claim, available at www.socialsecurity. gov/pubs/11008. html. Also, you have the right to be represented by an attorney or other qualifi ed person of your choice. Now, you can request your appeal online. Simply visit the online services page at www.socialsecurity.gov/ onlineservices. Then select the “Appeal a decision” link and follow the simple instructions. If you would like to learn more, read our online publication Your Right To Representation at www.socialsecurity.gov/ pubs/10075.html.

Leave a Reply