1. Is the book of Philemon in the Old or New Testament or neither?
2. Whose first verse is, “The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God”? Matthew, Mark, Luke, John
3. Which “Mount” provided a contest scene between Elijah and the prophets of Baal? Calvary, Sinai, Bethel, Carmel
4. From Luke 6.1, who, with companions, went through cornfields and picked ears of corn on a Sabbath? Jesus, Mark, Luke, Samson
5. Which city often is referred to as Zion? Bethlehem, Jericho, Jerusalem, Nazareth
6. Who was the first-born son of Jacob? Aaron, Joseph, Reuben, Simeon
ANSWERS: 1) New; 2) Mark; 3) Carmel; 4) Jesus; 5) Jerusalem; 6) Reuben (c) 2017 King Features
Syndicate, Inc. Newsday Crossword