1. Is the book of Matthew in the Old or New Testament or neither?
2. Where did the angel Gabriel appear to Mary saying, “Blessed art thou among women”? Nazareth, Tyre, Ninevah, Gazi
3. With two different biblical answers, who was the father of Joseph? Jacob/ Heli, Gideon/Ishmael, Solomon/Nahum, Samuel/ Pilate
4. Which Old Testament prophet predicted Jesus would be born in Bethlehem? Amos, Obadiah, Micah, Nahum
5. For the journey to Bethlehem how did Mary and Joseph travel? Bible not specific, Cart, Rode donkey, Small raft
6. Which of these wasn’t a gift from the wise men (Magi)? Silver, Myrrh, Gold, Frankincense
ANSWERS: 1) New; 2) Nazareth; 3) Jacob/Heli; 4) Micah; 5) Bible not specific; 6) Silver
Christmas gift? “ Test Your Bible Knowledge: 1,206 Questions to Sharpen Your Understanding of Scripture,” by Wilson Casey, is available in bookstores and online.
(c) 2019 King Features Synd.