• The next time you’re in Dublin, Ireland (if ever you are there), you might want to stop by the pub known as Charlie P’s and check out its unique look. The building where it’s located used to be a morgue, and the flooring is made entirely of gravestones.
• It was famed 19th-century French author Victor Hugo who made the following observation: “The first symptom of love in a young man is timidity; in a girl, boldness.”
• Italian politician Silvio Berlusconi has a well-known hatred of garlic. He so abhors this relative of the onion that, in 2007, he tried to have it banned in Italian restaurants.
• On at least one early map of the New World you’ll see the name “Codfish Country” on the area now known as the United States.
• According to not one, but two studies conducted on the subject, those who have a ring finger that is longer than their index finger tend to be better athletes.
(c) 2008 King Features Synd., Inc.