• Of particular interest in these troubled economic times, it was British humor columnist Katharine Elizabeth Whitehorn who made the following sage observation: “The easiest way for your children to learn about money is for you not to have any.”
• The fish known as the electric ray can produce a current strong enough to kill an adult human.
• The onion is actually a member of the lily family.
• The next time you have a little bit of food stuck in your teeth, consider this: More Americans choke on toothpicks than on any other object.
• In La Paz, Bolivia, you can find one of the most unusual prisons in the world. At San Pedro Prison, inmates have to purchase their cells. Those who are well off financially can buy private cells with bathrooms, television and kitchens. Those who are less lucky must share tiny rooms.
Thought for the Day:
“We have in fact, two kinds of morality, side by side: one which we preach, but do not practice, and another which we practice, but seldom preach.” – Bertrand Russell
(c) 2009 King Features Synd.