1. Who had a hit with “There! I’ve Said It Again” and when?
2. Who wrote “Lyin’ Eyes”? Name the band that released the song.
3. Which entertainer was responsible for “You Can’t Rollerskate In a Buffalo Herd”?
4. Name the duo that wrote and released “The Boxer.”
5. What are Car, Scratch, Melt and Security?
6. Which duo released “Maneater”?
1. Bobby Vinton, in 1963. Vinton also topped the charts with “Blue Velvet” and “Mr. Lonely.”
2. Don Henley wrote the song in 1975, and it was released by the Eagles. The band received a Grammy, even though the song only went to No. 2.
3. Roger Miller, of “Dang Me” and “England Swings” fame. Over the years, Miller was awarded a long list of Grammys.
4. Simon and Garfunkel, in 1968. The sounds repeated in the chorus are there because Simon never got around to writing words by the time they cut the song.
5. Those are the common names of Peter Gabriel’s first four albums, designated by what was on the cover. Gabriel preferred to have them numbered instead, as in I, II, III and IV.
6. Daryl Hall and John Oates, in 1982.
©2012 King Features Synd.