Whitesburg KY

Changing your address for Social Security

Question: I receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits How do I notify Social Security that I have changed my address?

Answer: Someone who gets SSI needs to report any change in living arrangements, income, or resources by calling our toll-free number, 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1- 800-325-0778), or by visiting a local office within 10 days after the month the change occurs. If you call, you can speak to a representative from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on business days. If you don’t notify us in a timely manner, you could end up receiving an incorrect payment and have to pay it back. To learn more about SSI and reporting responsibilities, read

our online fact sheet, What

You Need To Know When

You Get Supplemental Security

Income (SSI) at www.socialsecurity.gov/ pubs/11011.html.

Leave a Reply