1. In 1964, the Shangri-Las had a No. 1 hit with which song?
2. Who was the Silver Convention?
3. Name the singer responsible for “The Monkey Time” and “Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um.”
4. Has Lynyrd Skynyrd ever had a No. 1 U.S. single?
5. Which artist wrote and released “Pink Cadillac”?
6. Which Eagles album contained “ Hole In the World” and “Please Come Home for Christmas”?
1. “Leader of the Pack.” For years it was claimed a motorcycle was driven into the studio to get the right sound effects.
2. This studio group had a big hit in 1975 with “Fly, Robin, Fly,” which created a problem because producers had to round up actual entertainment musi- cians for the public to see.
3. Major Lance ( his real name), in 1963 and 1964, respectively. R&B legend Curtis Mayfield wrote both tunes.
4. No. “Smokestack Lightning” at No. 2 on the charts in 1991 was as close as they got.
5. Bruce Springsteen, in 1982. The song has been covered by many, including Bette Midler and Aretha Franklin.
6. The two songs appears on “Long Road Out of Eden, Deluxe Collectors Edition” (2007), along with a special booklet. ©2011 King Features Synd.