The members of Letcher County Extension Homemaker Clubs will sponsor a $250 college scholarship to help a local student continue his or her education for the coming fall semester.
The following are guidelines for the scholarship:
• The recipient must live in Letcher County.
• He or she must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
• He or she must be enrolled in or accepted by an accredited college or university.
• The applicant must submit a letter requesting the scholarship, a transcript of high school grades and a brief statement of future plans.
• The scholarship will be awarded by a Letcher County Extension Homemaker committee based on the items in number four above.
• The committee’s decision will be final.
All the information requested in number four above must be submitted by May 9 to Letcher County Extension Office, Attention Ann Bradley, P.O. Box 784, Whitesburg, Ky. 41858.
Educational programs conducted by the Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service are available to all persons, regardless of age, color, race, sex, religion, disability, national origin, socio-economic level or geographic location.