1. What was on the B-side of the Beatles’ “Please Please Me” single when it was released in 1963? How about in 1964?
2. Which group is best known for “ Jailbreak” and “Whiskey in the Jar”? Where are they from?
3. Who had hits with “Only You (and You Alone)” and “The Great Pretender.” What years?
4. Name the group that had No. 1 R&B hits with “Get Ready” and “Ain’t Too Proud to Beg.”
5. Who was the first band to be censored on American Bandstand?
6. Which band had a hit with “Magic Carpet Ride”?
1. “Ask Me Why” was the B-side, and “From Me to You” was the B-side a year later. The second version made it to the Hot 100.
2. Thin Lizzy, from Dublin, Ireland.
3. The Platters, both in 1955. Both songs went to No. 1 on the R&B chart.
4. The Temptations. Both songs went to the top of the charts in 1966.
5. The Beastie Boys, in 1989. Legend has it that they also got banned from a famous hotel chain for cutting a hole in the floor from one suite to another below.
6. Steppenwolf, in 1968. The group never had a No. 1 hit, although “Carpet” came close at No. 3. ©2011 King Features Synd.