1. Who is the oldest member of the Rolling Stones?
2. Name the first artist to release “Hound Dog.”
3. In which song does Elton John sing about his old, gold Chevy and a place of his own?
4. Which music instrument did Satchmo play?
5. Name the song that contains this lyric: “I don’t have to beg you to hold me, Cause somebody else will.”
1. Drummer Charlie Watts, at age 78. Next are Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, who turn 76 this year. Ronnie Wood is the youngest at 72.
2. No, it wasn’t Elvis Presley, although he’s the artist most associated with the song. Ellie Mae “Big Mama” Thornton first released “Hound Dog” in 1953, three years before Elvis.
3. “Crocodile Rock,” in 1973. The song was used in the soundtrack of the 1994 film “Four Weddings and a Funeral.”
4. Louis Armstrong, aka Satchmo, played trumpet.
5. “Your Good Thing Is About to End,” by Lou Rawls in 1969. His is the most recognizable version, although the song was first released on Stax in 1966 by Mable John. The song was most recently released by bluesman Robert Cray.
(c) 2019 King Features Syndicate, Inc.