The Senior Fellowship continues at the Hemphill Community Center. Twenty five folks gathered last week for great fellowship and food.
Friday Nite Pickin’ was a really good time with a great crowd. Will Caudill and RT 7 are a real crowd pleaser. There was a lot going on in the county, but that didn’t stop a crowd from gathering for a wonderful evening of fine entertainment.
Here’s our schedule of coming events:
• June 10, at 7:30 p.m. The Country Troubadours will join us for a night of honky-tonk country played with a drive that will make you move in spite of yourself. The sweet waltzes and hard-core dance tunes are some of the best we know of anywhere. This group has it going on in a bodacious kind of way. It’s always a blast when they come to call. Don’t miss this. You will love them too.
• June 14: Senior Fellowship 10 a.m.
• June 17: Cross Country Bluegrass.
• June 21: Senior Fellowship 10 a.m.
• June 24: Dawson Creek.
• June 28: Senior Fellowship 10 a.m.
• July 1: Will Caudill and RT 7.
• July 5: Senior Fellowship.
Remember that children get in free for Friday Nite Pickin’ when accompanied by an adult. Also, there is an “open mic” at intermission. Target audience country, folk, bluegrass, and Americana in a family friendly environment.
Hemphill Community Center is located at the old Hemphill Grade School building at 2514 Hwy 317, Jackhorn.
Check out our Facebook page for announcements and pictures posted after each event: www.facebook.com/ pages/ Hemphill- Community-Center.
“A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.” — Proverbs 17:21-23