The flavor of pumpkin pie in a creamy cheesecake — the secret is that it’s baked in a water bath. Our pumpkin cheesecake is light (in texture) and rich at the same time. Quite possibly our best cheesecake recipe yet!
1 cup graham-cracker
3 tablespoons margarine
or butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar
2 packages (8 ounces
each) cream cheese, softened 1 1/4 cups sugar
1 can (15-ounce) pure
pumpkin (not pumpkinpie mix)
3/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons bourbon
or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon ground
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract Crystallized ginger strips,
1. Heat oven to 350 F. In 9-by-3-inch springform pan, with fork, stir grahamcracker crumbs, melted margarine or butter, and sugar until moistened. With hand, press mixture onto bottom of pan. Tightly wrap outside of pan with heavyduty foil to prevent leakage when baking in water bath later. Bake crust 10 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
2. Prepare Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling: In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth; slowly beat in sugar until blended, about 1 minute, scraping bowl often with rubber spatula. With mixer at low speed, beat in pumpkin, sour cream, bourbon or vanilla, cinnamon, allspice and salt. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
3. Pour pumpkin mixture into crust and place in large roasting pan. Place pan on oven rack. Carefully pour enough boiling water into pan to come 1 inch up side of springform pan. Bake cheesecake 1 hour 10 minutes or until center barely jiggles.
4. Meanwhile, prepare Sour-Cream Topping: In small bowl, with wire whisk, beat sour cream, sugar and vanilla until blended. Remove cheesecake from water bath, leaving water bath in oven, and spread sourcream mixture evenly over top. Return cake to water bath and bake 5 minutes longer.
5. Remove cheesecake from water bath to wire rack; discard foil. With small knife, loosen cheesecake from side of pan to help prevent cracking during cooling. Cool cheesecake completely. Cover and refrigerate cheesecake at least 6 hours or overnight, until well chilled. Remove side of pan to serve. Garnish with crystallized ginger. Makes 16 servings.
• Each serving: About 310 calories, 20g total fat (10g saturated), 5g protein, 30g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 95mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium.
©2015 Hearst Communications