1. Syd Barrett was a founding member of which English rock band?
2. Of his very large body of work, how many of Bob Dylan’s singles have climbed to No. 1 on the charts?
3. Dr. John is best known for which 1973 song?
4. Which group released “Dancing Queen,” and when?
5. The Police scored a No. 1 hit in 1983 with which song?
6. What was Roxette’s big hit of 1990?
1. Barrett helped found Pink Floyd in 1965, and was the lead vocalist, guitarist and primary songwriter during the band’s psychedelic years.
2. Amazingly, none of them have. A few albums hit No. 1, mostly in the U.K. and Australia.
3. “Right Place Wrong Time.” Dr. John — whose real name is Malcolm John Rebennack Jr. — also is a session musician with numerous movie music credits and five Grammy awards.
4. ABBA, in 1975. The song went to No. 1 in more than a dozen counties.
5. “King of Pain.” Originally released on the “Synchronicity” album, the song broke out and climbed to the top of the charts.
6. “It Must Have Been Love.” The song got a boost when it appeared on the soundtrack for the film “Pretty Woman.” ©2011 King Features Synd., Inc.