• You can calm flyaways by washing and conditioning your hairbrush. Wash all types in soap and water, and if your brush has natural bristles, dip it in a cup of water with a little conditioner added. Let it dry, and brush away with no more static.
• Use plastic wrap to help out on paint jobs. It can protect odd-shaped items, like unremovable lighting fixtures. You also can give your paintbrush an overnight break when you wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and stick it in your fridge — no washing required if you’re just pausing!
• “Slip a long wooden spoon into a plastic baggie. Use a hair tie to secure the bag tightly around the spoon. Now you can use the spoon to apply sunscreen or lotion to your back.” — W.T. in Florida
• Staple removers aren’t just for the office. Need to load a key ring? A staple remover will open those rings right up.
• Coffee filters and used dryer sheets are both fantastic dusters for the dashboard of your car. Throw a few in the glove box for when the dash needs a quick dusting.
• “ You can get your shower liner clean in no time at all by throwing it in the washing machine. I do mine once a month in a load of towels for extra scrubbing.” — R.R. in Washington
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, 628 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 32803.
(c) 2016 King Features Syndicate, Inc.