Entry Fee: $5.00 per photograph
Amateurs Category & Professional Category
Enter as many photos as you want and in any category. Each photo must comply with the rules:
Photos must be matted and framed. Please include a stand for your framed photo. Photos must be 5×7 or 8×10. (Nothing larger due to limited display space.)
All photos must have proper identification to include name and phone number of contestant. Please attach this info to the back of the frame
Photos must be turned in at the Dawahare’s Building on Main Street on Sept. 19 between the hours of 4:30- 6 p.m. Deadline for entry is Thursday, Sept. 19 at 6 p.m.
1. Scenic: Photos of Letcher County
2. Scenic: Photos taken outside of Letcher County
3. Reflections of the Past: Can be a person, home or scene
4. Sports: Photos of any sport
5. Portraits: Photos of any one person, family
6. Still life: Photos of flowers, fruit, etc.
7. Animals: Pets
9. Vacations: Scenes or moments from your vacation
11. Black/White Photos
Ribbon-winning photographs will be on display in Whitesburg at the Dawahare’s Building throughout the week of the festival, September 24-28.
The Mountain Heritage Festival Committee will not be responsible for any lost or damaged photos.
All photos must be picked up on Monday, Sept. 30, between the hours of 5 and 6:30 p.m. at the Dawahare’s building.
For more information, call Mountain Heritage Committee Member Deanna Whitaker-Hipps T 335- 2328.