• If you have wood floors, you might already know about felt furniture pads, the little self-stick felt circles you can add to the legs of furniture to reduce scratches on your floors. You might not know that these same pads can reduce scuff marks that appliances make on countertops. It also makes it easier to scoot around a heavy mixer or other appliance.
• Got tired, achy and possibly stinky feet? Mix 1/2 cup vinegar and a chamomile tea bag in a pan of mediumhot water. Soak for up to 10 minutes. Follow up with foot powder or deodorant.
• Buy cheap razors from the dollar store to de-pill knits that are starting to show wear. The razors shave the bumps right off.
• R.W. in Washington writes: “Prevent loss of hot water in case of a leak. Turn the handle to cold water position, then cold water not hot water is lost.”
• “I have an awesome cutting board that fits right over my sink. My husband made it for me out of a piece of butcher block. The best thing about it is that it has a slight grade to the back, so if I’m cutting something like watermelon that leaks liquid, it runs off to the back and into the sink. It’s great!” — C.A. in Texas
• If you have mildew on walls, try cleaning it off with a stiff brush and vinegar. Put a 50-50 vinegar and water mix in a spray bottle and spray liberally. Use the brush to get everything off and then use a clean rag to wipe clear. Allow to dry thoroughly. (c) 2018 King Features