A 47-year-old Whitesburg man has been charged with first-degree rape and other charges involving children who were under 12 years of age and under 16 years of age when the incidents are alleged to have occurred.
A Letcher County Grand Jury indicted Demas Lucas of 178 Alaska Avenue in Whitesburg after testimony from Whitesburg Police Chief Tyrone Fields, Nurse Practitioner Alicia Cook and Brandy Cook.
Lucas is charged with one count of first-degree rape of a child less than 12 years old, two counts of first degree sodomy of a child less than 12, and three counts of first-degree unlawful transaction with a minor.
According to the indictment, the incidents are alleged to have occurred between July 1, 2018, and July 24, 2019. The grand jury charges that Demas had sexual intercourse with a female child less than 12, performed oral sex on her, and forced her to perform oral sex on him. He allegedly induced a child under 16 to engage in the acts described in the other charges.
Others indicted by the grand jury are:
• Jimmy Burtis Adams, 43, of 21 Brett Drive, Whitesburg, who is charged with cultivation of marijuana (less than five plants), first-degree trafficking in controlled substance (methamphetamine, two or more grams), use/possession drug paraphernalia, and being a second-degree persistent felony offender.
S. Hamilton of the Kentucky State Police testified in the case.
• Richard Stamper, 22, of 7774 North Highway 931, Whitesburg, who is charged with first-degree bail jumping. The grand jury says he failed to complete a court-ordered drug rehabilitation program in a pending felony charge by leaving Sanibel House Addiction Recovery Care in Catlettsburg against medical advice in violation of his bond.
Named in indictments charging them with flagrant non-support of their minor children are:
• Scott Cornett, 46, of 170 Whitetail Road, Roxana
• Anthony Bates, 31, of 203 Sergent Road, Whitesburg
Charged with non-support of their minor children and being second-degree persistent felony offenders are:
• Franklin D. Perry, 32, of 795 Boggs Hollow, Whitesburg
• Garry M. Combs, 32, of 154 Redbud Lane, Isom
Charged with non-support of their minor children and being first-degree persistent felony offenders are:
• James Owen Collins, III, 42, of 293 Brass Dr., Apt. 3 Whitesburg
• Jennifer Couch, 34, of 179 Minyard Fork Road, Hazard
• Brandon Combs, 37, of 130 Venters Lane, Redfox
• Tiflene Amburgey, 33, of 479 Camp Fork, Whitesburg
Monica Adams of the Letcher County Division of Child Support Enforcement testified in the cases.