Centennial of Jenkins Independent School District
In 1908, the Consolidation Coal Company began work on the Jenkins
Independent School District. It officially opened in August of 1912.
Before 1936, the Jenkins staff and student body were known as the
Elks. However, Consolidation Coal Company offered to pay the school if they would change the name to Jenkins Cavaliers representative of their brand Cavalier Coal.
We should all be proud of our school’s history and be proud to call ourselves Cavaliers!