The Letcher County Grand Jury has handed up indictments of eight people on a variety of charges. Those indicted and the charges against them are:
• David Eugene Halcomb, 53, of Stinking Branch, is charged with second-degree assault. According to the grand jury report, Halcomb is charged with intentionally causing serious physical injury to B.J.H. on March 14, 2017. Sgt. Alicia Congleton of the Letcher County Sheriff’s Department testified in the case.
• Christopher Webb, 51, of Garfield Drive, is charged with firstdegree sexual abuse. Webb is accused of having sexual contact with a female child under the age of 12 on or about May 11 of this year. Kentucky State Police Det. Vicki Day and Holly Hammock of the Cabinet for Health and Family Services testified in the case.
• Allan Ray Collins, 32, of Walters Branch, is charged with first-degree criminal mischief for allegedly causing $1,000 or more in damage to property belonging to Judy Ison. The incident allegdly occurred on or about Jan. 29. Judy Ison and Jenny Ison testified in the case.
• Cathy Johnson, 54, of Chopping Branch, is charged with first-degree wanton endangerment, operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs, first offense, improper equipment and careless driving. The grand jury charges that on about April 15, Johnson engaged in conduct that created substantial danger to her juvenile grandson. She is also accused of driving while her blood-alcohol level was above 0.08, the legal limit in Kentucky. KSP Trooper Brandon Watts testified in the case.
• Mike Taylor, 55, of Brass Drive at Ermine is charged with first-degree promoting contraband and tampering with physical evidence. Taylor is accused of taking tramadol hydrochloride into the Letcher County Jail, then attempting to destroy the evidence. Deputy Jailer Ben Fields testified in the case.
• Tyler Watkins, 26, of Yonts Fork is charged with third-degree burglary and theft by unlawful taking. Watkins is accused of breaking into a storage building belonging to Chuck Bentley and stealing property from it. Sgt. Alicia Congleton with the Letcher County Sheriff ’s Department testified in the case.
• Timothy Lee Webb, 62, of London, Ky., is charged with theft by deception, $10,000 or more. Webb is accused of obtaining services from Robert Pugh’s P&P Construction under false pretenses. Robert Pugh testified in the case.