Whitesburg KY
Mostly clear
Mostly clear

KHEAA helps students pay for higher education

Kentuckians seeking help to pay for college or technical training can take advantage of student aid programs administered by the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA). Those programs include the:

• Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship. KEES lets high school students earn money by getting good grades in school and doing well on the ACT or SAT.

• College Access Program Grant. CAP awards help financially needy students pay for classes at Kentucky’s public and private two- and four-year colleges.

• Kentucky Tuition Grant. Students enrolled full time in associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs at the state’s private colleges may be eligible for a KTG award.

• Dual Credit Scholarship. This scholarship is available to Kentucky high school and home school students taking dual credit classes at a participating Kentucky college or university.

• Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship. The WRKS helps Kentuckians who have not yet earned an associate’s degree afford an industry recognized certificate or diploma.

For complete information about these and other programs visit www.kheaa.com and look for “KHEAAAdministered Programs” under the “Paying for College” tab.

KHEAA’s sister agency, the Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corporation (KHESLC), offers Advantage Loans to help students and parents pay for college or to refinance student loans. For more information, visit www.advantageeducationloan.com.

For more information about Kentucky scholarships and grants, visit www.kheaa.com; write KHEAA, P.O. Box 798, Frankfort, KY 40602; or call 800-928- 8926, ext. 6-7214.

Leave a Reply