Letcher County Central High School recently placed first in the District Governor’s Cup held at June Buchanan High School in Pippa Passes.
The following students placed in the top five in a category and will be competing at the Regional Governor’s Cup on Feb. 15 at Breathitt County High School:
• Andrew Mullins, first place in mathematics assessment and second place in science assessment
• Matt Lawson, second place in mathematics assessment
• Camron Wright, first place in science assessment and first place in social studies assessment
• Rebecca Standifer, second place in composition
• Autumn Dollarhide, fifth place in composition
• Dustin Watts, second place in Language Arts assessment
• Viola Cuellar, fourth place in Language Arts assessment
• Noah Blair, third place in Arts and Humanities assessment
The LCCHS future problem team and quick recall teams placed first at the district level and will be competing at the regional level.
Jenkins High School placed fifth in overall standings.