Monday, Dec. 17
• At 2:16 p.m., two Letcher County Sheriff ’s Department deputies report they are escorting a funeral.
• At 4:16 p.m., a sheriff ’s deputy attempts to contact a man who has reported that someone broke into his home at a Mayking trailer park and stole a shotgun. The deputy speaks with the man’s son, who said he doesn’t know how to contact his father.
Tuesday, Dec. 18
• At 2:07 p.m., a caller tells a sheriff ’s dispatcher that a Blackey man has posted a comment on Facebook that is threatening to children. The caller says the comment refers to the recent elementary school shooting in Connecticut and the July shooting at the movie theater in Aurora, Colorado. The dispatcher notifies our Sheriff Danny Webb and three other deputies. Also notified are Letcher Commonwealth’s Attorney Edison G. Banks, Asst. Letcher County Attorney Angie Mullins, and Letcher District Judge Kevin Mullins.
• At 6:16 p.m., a deputy sheriff reports that a Blackey man who posted a Facebook comment in which he threatens children is under arrest after launching himself toward officers who were attempting to speak with him in his home.
Wednesday, Dec. 19
• At 11:43 a.m., a deputy reports the arrest of a woman on charges of public intoxication. The subject was taken into custody at 10:47 a.m. on the jail side of the Letcher County Courthouse.
• At 1:43 p.m., the fatherin law of a deputy sheriff reports that someone broke into his garage and stole a toolbox, which he has just found at a pawn shop in Neon.
• At 4:02 p.m., two deputies report they are preparing to leave for the psychiatric center at Hazard Appalachian Regional Hospital, where they are taking a male who is being committed involuntarily.
Thursday, Dec. 20
• At 10:19 a.m., the sheriff ’s office is contacted by an anonymous caller who reports that three men and a woman living in a camper in the Millstone area have a horse that is about to fall over and a bull that keeps getting loose. The caller advises that the four people in question have previously owned four horses that have died, and asks that a deputy be assigned to investigate.
• At 12:02 p.m., a Craft’s Colly man calls the sheriff ’s office to report his fence has been vandalized.
• At 12:03 p.m., the sheriff ’s office receives notification from a security company that an alarm is sounding at a Craft’s Colly home.
• At 12:12 p.m., a Neon man calls to ask that deputies stop by occasionally at a pool hall he is opening in Neon.
• At 5:08 p.m., a deputy reports he is unable to locate a white car he is looking for while on extra patrol in the Cram Creek area of Mayking.
• At 5:13 p.m., a deputy is assigned to unlock a car at the Ermine Double Kwik.
• At 6:48 p.m., ADT Security reports a residential alarm sounding at Little Cowan.
Friday, Dec. 21
• At 3:08 p.m., a caller asks sheriff ’s deputies to be on the lookout for a stolen blue Ford Fiesta that was just seen at a body shop at Payne Gap.
• At 4:04 p.m., the owners of a body shop at Payne Gap say the occupants of a blue Ford Fiesta matching the description of a car reported stolen stopped by the shop and asked for gasoline before leaving.
• At 7:07 p.m., two deputies on patrol in the Burdine area unlock a car that was locked with the keys still in the ignition.
• At 7:16 p.m., ADT Security reports a residential alarm sounding at Bottom Fork. The sheriff ’s office contacts the homeowner, who says he forgot to turn off a motion sensor on his patio.
• At 8:39 p.m., Kentucky State Police Post 13, Hazard, alerts the sheriff ’s office about a car wreck at Pine Creek, Mayking. A subject reportedly is trapped in a vehicle that is on fire. Two deputies respond to the scene.
Saturday, Dec. 22
• At 10:40 a.m., Kentucky State Police Post 13, Hazard, notifies the sheriff ’s office that a male subject is unresponsive in a home at Goose Creek. An ambulance is en route.
• At 12:31 p.m., Letcher Fire and Rescue notifies the sheriff ’s office about a twocar accident near the Isom Double Kwik.
• At 4:17 p.m., a caller reports a malfunctioning traffi c signal at the intersection of KY 15 and U.S. 119 near McDonald’s in Whitesburg.
• At 4:24 p.m., the sheriff ’s department is asked for assistance at the scene of an altercation that has developed at the traffic signal near Wendy’s in Whitesburg.
• At 4:44 p.m., two deputies responding to an altercation at a traffic signal near Wendy’s in Whitesburg learn the conflict involves a man and woman allegedly attacked by two people who are named in a court order preventing them from having contact with the two they attacked. One of the victims and one of the assailants have a baby together. The victims are advised to contact the Letcher County Attorney’s Office when it reopens on December 26.
• At 7:10 p.m., Kentucky State Police Post 13, Hazard, request assistance with a traffic accident reported on KY 15 near the John B. Adams Store at Isom.
• At 11:34 p.m., a noninjury traffic accident is reported at Bedrock Drive, McRoberts.