Wednesday, May 28
• At 3:19 p.m., the Letcher County Sheriff ’s Department is notified about a twovehicle traffic accident on Blair Branch, Jeremiah, involving a 2008 Chevy Impala and a 1993 Toyota truck.
• At 4:47 p.m., the sheriff ’s office is notified that a female prisoner is en route to Letcher County from Jessamine County.
Tuesday, May 27
• At 2:42 p.m., a Letcher County Sheriff ’s Department deputy reports the discovery of around 20 marijuana plants growing at a location on Mack Drive, Isom. He had been at the site with a “subject” seen throwing a backpack over the hill.
• At 2:49 p.m., a sheriff ’s deputy is dispatched to the Walmart parking lot to assist the owner of a Red Chevy Silverado pickup truck with the keys locked inside.
• At 4:39 p.m., a deputy reports his arrival at Burton Hill for patrol. At 5:12 p.m., the deputy reports that he is leaving Mitchell Wright’s scrap yard at Isom.
• At 6 p.m., the Dickenson County, Va., Sheriff ’s Office calls a Letcher County deputy to report the finding of a green “john boat” with a yellow interior. The Dickenson deputy asks whether the boat was reported missing from Letcher County.
Saturday, May 24
• At 4:07 p.m., a Little Dry Fork resident calls the sheriff ’s office to report that someone has taken two four-wheeler tires and rims from his backyard.
• At 5:29 p.m., an anonymous caller reports that marijuana plants are growing outside an apartment at Mountain Breeze at Burdine.
• At 5:57 p.m., a Blackey woman calls the sheriff ’s office to report that her husband has taken her truck and won’t give it back.
• At 11:37 p.m., a Millstone resident complains about an old black Chevrolet pickup with a red tailgate. She says the truck threw gravel on her vehicle while she was driving across Millstone
Mountain. The caller is advised to file a civilian accident report.
• At 10:05 p.m., a caller from the Premium Baptist Church reports finding a homeless man on the porch of the church. After money is raised to buy the man a motel room for one night, a deputy sheriff escorts the man to the Whitesburg Motel.
Friday, May 23
• At 4:55 p.m., a female callers tells a sheriff ’s dispatcher she is missing nine dosages of the anti-addiction drug Suboxone and 10 tablets of the anti-anxiety drug Klonopin. She says they were stolen from her home last night.