Absentee voting machine are open in the Letcher County Clerk’s Office during regular business hours until 4 p.m., November 3.
Voters who may apply in person to use the voting machine early are:
• Member of the Armed Forces, their dependents and overseas citizens absent from the county on Election Day.
• Students and other voters (including vacationers) who temporarily reside outside the county and will be absent from the county on Election Day.
• Voters who have surgery scheduled that requires hospitalization on Election Day, and their spouse.
• Any member of the county board of elections, any precinct election officer appointed to serve in a precinct other than that in which he or she is registered, any alternate precinct election officer, any deputy court clerk, any staff for the State Board of Elections, and any staff for the county board of elections. (Precinct election offi cers must have a verification of appointment signed by a member of the county board of elections.)
• Any pregnant woman who is in her last trimester of pregnancy.
• Members of the Armed Forces confined to a military base on Election Day who learn of that confinement within seven days or less of an election and are not eligible for a paper absentee ballot.