A Letcher County Grand Jury has named a Bottom Fork man in two indictments totaling 11 charges and his daughter in two indictments totaling 10 charges related to a drug raid last week that netted more than $183,000 in methamphetamine and heroin.
In one indictment, Danny Robert “Rob” Collins, 62, of 1006 Hwy. 3406, Mayking, is charged with criminal complicity to trafficking in a controlled substance (firstdegree, methamphetamine, second offense), first-degree criminal complicity to trafficking in a controlled substance (heroin, second offense), use/investment of drug-related income, criminal use/possession of drug paraphernalia, first-degree wanton endangerment, and being a second-degree persistent felony offender second degree.
In a separate indictment, Collins is accused of public intoxication (excludes alcohol), three counts of possession of a handgun by a convicted felon, and being a second-degree persistent felony offender. He is being held under $500,000 cash bond.
His daughter, Samantha Danielle Collins, 36, of 1006 Hwy. 3406, Mayking, is charged with criminal complicity to first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (methamphetamine, second offense), criminal complicity to firstdegree trafficking in a controlled substance (heroin, second offense), use/investment of drug-related income, criminal use/possession of drug paraphernalia, first-degree wanton endangerment, and being a second-degree persistent felony offender.
She is charged with three counts of possession of a handgun by a convicted felon, and being a first-degree persistent felony offender in a separate indictment.
The Collinses were arrested March 12 in what Letcher County Sheriff Danny Webb described as the largest drug bust in the region in his memory. Webb said officers discovered 1,800 grams of crystal methamphetamine with an estimated street value of $180,000, 10 grams of heroin worth $3,500 and $5,000 in cash.
Sgt. Alisha Congleton of the Letcher County Sheriff ’s Department testified in the cases.
Also indicted by the grand jury this month are:
• Dustin Ryan Humble, 31, of 158 Rocky Hollow, Jenkins, who is charged with 10 counts of first-degree sexual abuse of a victim under 16 years old.
Jenkins Police Officer Josh Richardson testified in the case.
• April Brock , 29, of 7924 Hwy. 119 S, Eolia, is accused of first-degree promoting contraband for allegedly introducing 16-1/2 Gabapentin pills (Neurontin) into the Letcher County Jail while she was confined there on February 14.
Megan Storm Cox of the Letcher County Jail testified in the case.
• Curtis Vicente Murphy, 40, of 185 Big Elk Drive, Jenkins, is charged with first-degree criminal mischief and being a persistent felony offender. He is accused of damaging a 2001 Ford Mustang belonging to Jeffrey Ratliff on January 10.
Jeffrey Ratliff testified in the case.
• Jeffrey W. Fugate, 59, of 158 Box Rock Road, Mayking, is charged with complicity to trafficking in marijuana (more than eight ounces but less than five pounds), complicity to cultivation of marijuana (five or more plants) and buy/possession of drug paraphernalia. Fugate is accused of acting with Bradley Fugate in trafficking in and cultivating marijuana.
Kentucky State Police Detective Eiserman testified in the case.
• Wade Engle, 53, of 1744 Carcassonne, Blackey, is accused of speeding 20 miles over the limit, improper registration plate, first-degree fleeing or evading police (motor vehicle), reckless driving, failure or improper signal, operating on suspended/revoked operator’s license, failure to produce insurance card, first-degree failure of nonowner operator to maintain required insurance, resisting arrest and being a persistent felony offender (first degree).
Kentucky State Trooper Adam Baker testified in the case.
Ten people are charged with flagrant nonsupport of their children. They are:
• Rocky Sandlin, 35, of P.O. Box 85, Redfox and 382 CSX Drive, Whitesburg, who is also charged with being a first-degree persistent felony offender.
• Sherry Sturgill, 36, of 7022 Short Creek Road, Pound, Va., who is also charged with being a firstdegree persistent felony offender.
• Jeremy Adams, 35, of 21 Desire Drive, Whitesburg
• Thomas Cook, 52, of P.O. Box 655, Jenkins and 10318 Hwy. 119 North, Jenkins
• Sandra Bailey Donnelly, 31, of P.O. Box 625, Isom, and 163 Donnelly Dr., Whitesburg
• Adrian Gross, 41, of 5900 West Laurel Road, London
• Bobby Monroe, 37, of 27 Mulberry Lane, Thornton
• Scott Sexton, 33, of 271 Allen K Hollow, Isom
• Kevin Stewart, 48, of 1003 Kelly Mountain Road, Shelby Gap
• Rodney Wynn, 51, of 12063 Hwy. 160, Whitesburg