The Mountain Heritage photo contest has an amateur category and a professional category with an entry fee of $5 per photograph. Contestants may enter as many photos as they want and in any category.
Each photo must comply with the rules:
• Photos must be matted and framed, and a stand must be included for the framed photo.
• Photos must be 5×7 or 8×10 (nothing larger due to limited display space).
• All photos must have proper identification including name and phone number of contestant. Attach this information to the back of the frame.
• Photos must be turned in at the Harry M. Caudill Library in downtown Whitesburg on Tuesday, September 14, between 4:30 and 6 p.m. Deadline for entry is Tuesday, September 14 at 6 p.m.
The categories are:
1. Scenic: Photos of Letcher County
2. Scenic: Photos taken outside of Letcher County
3. Reflections of the Past: Can be a person, home or scene
4. Sports: Photos of any sport
5. Portraits: Photos of any one person, family
6. Still life: Photos of flowers, fruit, etc.
7. Animals: Pets
9. Vacations: Scenes or moments from your vacation
11. Black/White Photos
Ribbon winning photographs will be on display in Whitesburg at the Harry M. Caudill Library throughout the week of the festival, September 20 to 25.