• With many airlines these days, you can print your boarding pass online. Security lines are long, and it pays to save every moment you can.
• Make a spray of equal parts liquid fabric softener and water. Mist the air daily to relieve static buildup during the fall and winter, when the air is very dry.
• Before cleaning, run hot water in the bath or shower. The steam from the hot water loosens the dirt, making it easier to clean. Or, bring your cleaning sponge and some baking soda in the shower with you. No chemicals, and you could even use the baking soda to soften the skin on your elbows and feet.
• “Spray plastic wrap with non-flavored cooking spray before using it to cover cakes or cupcakes. The frosting won’t stick to the wrap.” — R.M. in Florida
• To get streaks off of freshly cleaned windows, give them a final swipe with plain newspaper (not magazine inserts or glossy pages).
• “Baking cookies to mail? Save potato-chip cans (the tall ones in which chips come stacked). They protect cookies from breaking.” — G.D. in Wisconsin
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, c/o King Features Weekly Service, P.O. Box 536475, Orlando, FL 32853-6475 or e-mail JoAnn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(c) 2010 King Features Synd.