• Toothpaste works well as a silver polish. Wet your silver, plop a little non-gel toothpaste on it and rub gently to clean. Rinse well, and let it shine!
• A great hint from Mary R. of Duluth, Ga.: “If the kids are drawing with felt markers and their hands get covered with ink, don’t worry. Just spray their hands down with hairspray, and then wipe off the ink with a paper towel. Don’t forget to wash their hands afterward!”
• “Dip your toothbrush in baking soda before you add toothpaste when brushing your teeth. You get used to the taste, but the extra scrub really gets your teeth clean, and it’s very inexpensive to use.” — R.E. in Arizona
• Have clumped- up sugar in the canister? No worries. To keep sugar from hardening, add a slice of bread to the container from time to time, and leave it there a day before removing.
• Use this quick fix for oily hair. Rub a small amount of cornstarch into the oily areas of your hair. The cornstarch will soak up the dirt and oil; you just brush it out.
• A reader from Michigan wonders: How can I keep from having “static head,” especially when using a hat? The answer: You probably already have the remedy in your pocket or purse — a tube of lip balm. Rub some on your palms, then run your palms over your hair.
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, c/ o King Features Weekly Service, P.O. Box 536475, Orlando, FL 32853-6475 or e-mail JoAnn at firstname.lastname@example.org. (c) 2012 King Features Synd.