• “ Revive the look of indoor plants by rubbing the leaves with mineral oil on a soft cloth. Just wipe nicely, and you’ll see a big difference. Through the years, I have used this tip for both my real plants and my plastic plants.” — J.D. in Alabama
• Lime juice and vinegar both make good meat tenderizers. You can purchase tougher cuts of meat, season with spices and lime/vinegar, and marinate for 10 to 15 minutes before cooking. It is a great way to ease your meat budget. Steaks are getting expensive!
• “To make onion rings easier to cut (less stinging to the eyes) and have the layers separate better, I put my onions in the freezer for about 10 minutes before peeling. They don’t freeze, but they do get nice and cold.” — O.F. in Florida
• Looking for a more natural way to clean? Here’s one for the bathroom: Clean chrome with baking soda on a soft, damp cloth. Follow up with vinegar for some shine. Spray lightly and wipe away with a clean cloth.
• “Men, make your own aftershave. Thin a bottle of baby lotion with a little rubbing alcohol. Put in a hand-lotion bottle, and use half a squirt. No sting, and soft, smooth skin.” — T.G. in Illinois (c) 2012 King Features