• On Internet memes, they call them “life hacks,” simple tricks to save you time, money or simply frustration. Here’s mine: “Place a bowl near your entryway. Place your keys in the bowl when you come home. They stay there until you leave. No more lost keys.” Now, more life hacks for your tip file. — JoAnn
• “Put an apple in the potato bag to keep them from growing buds. Check often.” — E.W. in Oregon
• Sharpen your scissors by cutting through aluminum foil. All you have to do is fold a piece over on itself and use your dull scissors to cut strips.
• “Store popcorn in the refrigerator. You will have fewer unpopped kernels, because the cold temperature makes them heat more evenly.” — W.A. in Massachusetts
• Chewing gum stuck in your hair? Rub with a spoonful of peanut butter. Massage into the gum-stuck hair. The oil in the peanut butter breaks down the gum, and you can comb it out or wash out the residue once you pick away the globs. How about on your clothes? Remove the garment and stick it in the freezer for several hours. The gum hardens, and you can literally peel it off in chunks. Use an old toothbrush to brush out any remaining crumbs of gum.
(c) 2013 King Features Synd.