• Protect your broom by storing it handle-side down. You can purchase wall clips at your local hardware store, and then it’ll be off the floor, ready when you are!
• The Vision Council offers tips to minimize digital eye strain. Use the 20-20-20 rule: Every 20 minutes, take a 20-second break and look at something 20 feet away.
• Use a strip of hook-andloop tape to secure game controllers to their consoles. This way, you’ll never have to go looking for one when you’re ready to play.
• “ Fill your sink with soapy, hot water as you are cooking dinner. Your dirty pans and bowls can go right in the sink to soak. After dinner, they will be easy to wash.” — E.D. in South Carolina
• Make your stainlesssteel sink sparkle by buffing it with a few drops of mineral oil and a soft rag … after a good cleaning, of course.
• “If a pocket or two on an over-the-door shoe rack has busted, it’s not done being useful. You can cut remaining pockets to fit inside your bathroom cabinet. Secure at the top with screws. Place cups in a few pockets to hold cotton swabs or balls, etc.” — W.L. in Washington
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, c/o King Features Weekly Service, P.O. Box 536475, Orlando, FL 32853-6475 or e-mail JoAnn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(c) 2014 King Features Syndicate, Inc.