• Keep garlic cloves in the freezer. You can take them out individually when you need them and they thaw quickly.
• A dusty lightbulb gives off less light, so don’t forget to dust your lightbulbs from time to time.
• Couponer secret: “Keep clipped coupons in a binder sorted by type of item. When the sales circulars are available, scan your coupons to see what matches you can make. If you buy multiples, you can put them away in your pantry and won’t have to purchase items when you’re low — you can wait until you see another coupon and sale matchup!” — L.S. in Florida
• “Use an over-the-door shoe holder to house your makeup and hair accessories, plus jewelry and other personal items. You can trim a curtain or piece of fabric to fit over the length of it, and tie it to the top if it looks too messy in your room.” — M.K. in North Carolina
• Use this trick to freshen your stuffed animals. Dust with baking soda and put several together in a large paper grocery bag, until it’s half full. Fold the top of the bag down and shake vigorously. Remove the stuffed friends and shake off any excess baking soda. For good measure, put in a low- or no-heat dryer cycle for 10-15 minutes.
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, c/o King Features Weekly Service, P.O. Box 536475, Orlando, FL 32853-6475 or e-mail JoAnn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(c) 2014 King Features Synd.