• Keep a pretty basket by your front door for anything you need to take along when you leave. This can be store returns, backpacks, exercise gear for the gym, your sunglasses, whatever. When you leave the house, check the basket!
• “I use small tension rods to hold wrapping paper in my laundry room. I have the birthday/general use ones upright under a desk (they fit and don’t fall over, so I can store them close together) and the holiday ones are in the very top of a high shelf in the cabinet, out of the way.” — C.S. in Mississippi
• If you have a little bit of touchup paint left in your gallon can, transfer it to a mason jar. Write the exact color and brand on the lid, and it will be much easier to store.
• “Our basement was dark and a little claustrophobic. My husband painted it a lovely sunny yellow and that helped, but it needed something else. I took a photo of the spectacular view at our son’s house in Montana, and had the photo blown up. We mounted it on the wall with some dummy curtains! It’s perfect, and it reminds me of him.” — R.W. in New York
• Need to chill a bottle of wine quickly? Wet a kitchen towel, then wrap it around the wine. Twist the ends to secure, and put the whole thing in the freezer for 30 minutes.
(c) 2014 King Features Synd.