• Use club soda on a damp rag to wipe down your stainless steel sink. It will help bring back the shine.
• “My mother swears by wrapping her feet in a vinegar soaked rag once a week to soften calluses. She does this before her bath, and uses a pumice stone to rid her heels of hardened spots on the skin. It seems to work for her, so I thought I would pass it on!” — C.D. in Colorado
• “Peppermint is a wonderful cure for indigestion. To make a quick peppermint tea, use a rolling pin to smash three to four peppermint candies. Add them to a glass of water and microwave for a minute and a half. Stir to melt the candies completely, and drink slowly.” — G.L. in California
• “With schools back in session again, I would like to encourage dads to come and visit their child’s classroom. We have lots of volunteers, but never as many as we need. We love for dads to be involved. I have been a teacher for many years, and although fathers have become much more involved than they used to be, we still need their presence in the classroom.” — T.L. in Illinois
• “ Save on children’s clothes by buying after-season. Summer and winter clothes can be purchased a size or two ahead for next to nothing.” — M.M. in Idaho
• For a little extra visibility in the basement, try applying glow-in-the-dark or reflective tape on the edges of the stairs.
(c) 2014 King Features Synd.