• “A great addition to coffee is flavored ice cream. It adds sweetness, creaminess and a hint of something surprising. Also, it cools hot brew and puts a fancy little froth on top.” — W.L. in West Virginia
• “On rainy days, I set a shallow pan of water by the entrance to the house. The kids step into the water to rinse the grass and dirt off the bottoms of their shoes before taking them off and bringing them inside.” — C.P. in Florida
• To soothe broken blisters and sterilize them at the same time, try a bit of Listerine. Its antiseptic properties work just as well outside the mouth as they do inside.
• “At the dinner table, discuss books you are reading. This will hopefully encourage kids to read, and retelling the story or recapping is great practice for comprehension. Plus, dinner table conversation brings families together!” — U.F. in Illinois
• Bobby pins should be inserted into the hair ridges down, not up. They are designed to better grip the hair that way.
• “I hot-glued magnets to the back of a small basket meant to hold pencils in a drawer. It sits on the side of my fridge and holds several bottles of water flavorings. The kids and I fill our cups with water and then flavor it to our liking. It beats having three or four different beverages cluttering up the fridge.” — L.W. in Missouri
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, 628 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 32803. (c) 2016 King Features