• “For troublesome-toopen jars — pickles and such — use a pair of standard dishwashing gloves. It’s a great gripper, especially if your hands are the least bit moist.” — D.L. in Indiana
• “I keep coffee filters between my frying pans so I can stack them without their scratching one another. Potholders work well, too.” — V.I. in Wisconsin
• Ready to tackle those closets? Turn all your hangers to face the opposite way. When you use an item, return it to the closet with the hanger facing normally. At the end of each season, assess the clothing that has not been used. You likely need to donate it!
• Hang your handbags on the inside of your closet door. You will be able to see which one you want instantly. Not enough room? Hang larger bags on the very top of your closet walls, and include photos of them mixed in with the smaller bags hanging on the door. — C.A. in California
• “If you need to get a bottled or canned beverage cold fast, wrap it in a wet paper towel and put it in the freezer for 10 minutes. Icy cold refreshingness!” — A.G. in New York
• Use an inverted wine glass to cut out biscuits from rolled dough. They are just the right size.
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, 628 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 32803.