• “Save the plastic cups that yogurt or fruit comes in. You can reuse them for Jell-O cups. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap, and secure tightly with a rubber band.” — E.D. in Kansas
• Start seeds in the cups of an egg carton, the kind that are made from paper. You can get them going on a windowsill inside. When it’s time to plant in the ground, score the bottom of each cup and plant it — paper and all — in the dirt.
• “I found a decorative cardboard box that is big enough to hold a power strip. After installing it in the box so it looks pretty, I made holes out the side for different kinds of chargers (Apple, Android, etc.). The cord can be stored in the box or pulled out enough to charge a device. It looks nice on the side table instead of a mess of cords.” — W.L. in Alabama
• “Cheese can be grated, then frozen. The frozen cheese can be used in casserole dishes without even defrosting. I find it convenient to freeze my mozzarella in batches because we make a lot of individual pizzas. I can get a big block, grate it and freeze. It keeps for a long time.” — J.M. in Pennsylvania
• Lipstick and lip gloss ( including lip balms) shouldn’t be kept for more than a year. You can extend the life of your favorite lip wear by shaving a bit off and using a brush to apply it from the cut-off portion. If it touches your face, it can collect and breed bacteria. Be sure to replace mascaras every six months at minimum, and clean brushes regularly.
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, 628 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 32803. (c) 2017 King Features
Syndicate, Inc. • Living Room Suites • Bedroom Suites • Matresses & Box Springs • Queen Ann Chairs • Dining Tables & Chairs • All Wood Furniture, Solid Oak • Large Assortment Of Pictures