By JoAnn Derson
• “Safety-pin fitted sheets and mattress pads together on the edges when washing and drying. It keeps other items from balling up inside.” — M.W. in Iowa
• Here’s a great (and super simple) tactic for making a cool, delicious treat, from L.O. in New Mexico: “Purchase a six-pack of single-serve yogurt tubs with a paper or foil lid. Poke a wooden ice-pop stick into each on and put the whole thing in the freezer. The next day you have a pack of yummy yogurt pops, which have nutrition and taste great.”
• Great grapes! This tip will be a hit at your next outdoor barbecue: Serve wine (and punch, too) with frozen grapes as ice cubes. Wash and rinse a bunch of grapes and stick them in the freezer. They make a tasty snack all alone, but will keep a glass of white wine chilled while not watering it down.”
• “To charge your phone a bit quicker, try putting it in airplane mode. It really does help.” — W.E. in Mississippi
• Get all the tomato paste out of the can with this kitchen hack: Open up one side of the can, then run a butter knife around the inside perimeter to separate the paste from the can. Finally, flip it upside down on a plate and open the other side of the can. Remove the can with a bit of a shake, and it should slip out just like cranberry jelly! (c) 2017 King Features Synd., Inc.