• What’s in season? Get more bang for your produce buck in February by looking for good deals on: Brussels sprouts, grapefruit and other citrus, pears, kale, sweet potatoes, winter squash, bok choy, apples and radicchio. Branch out with persimmons, leeks, red currants, cherimoya, pomelo and dates.
• If your skin gets dry, try keeping a bottle of lotion in your shower. Apply either just before you towel off or directly after. The heat from a shower will help your skin absorb the moisture.
• Want a great way to clean your ceiling fans without dropping dust bunnies everywhere? Simply use a pillowcase. Encase the entire blade and wipe from the center out. All the dirt is inside the case, and when you are done, go outdoors to turn it inside out and shake, then pop it in the washer. Best tip ever!
• Got cold hands? This “hot sock” is the greatest for a quick warmup. Add a cup of uncooked white rice to a sock. Knot closed. Pop in the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes, and then simply hold it. Make a larger one for sore back or neck, or to tuck into the bottom of the bed to keep feet toasty as you drift off to sleep.
• “I recently moved away to college and, for the first time in my life, have become reliant on public transportation. I would say that the two most important items right now are a bus pass (so I don’t have to try to find exact change) and hand sanitizer. When I got here, I was pretty much sick for a month!” — O.J. in New York
• If you keep a toilet brush in your bathroom, try this handy hint: Add a few drops of a fragrant multipurpose cleaner to your brush holder, like Pine Sol or Mistolin.
(c) 2018 King Features Syndicate, Inc.