• Sunburn relief: Take two nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories right away (aspirin, ibuprofen) and soak a cloth in cold milk. Drape over the burn until it warms to room temperature. Repeat if necessary and apply a light moisturizer.
• “When purchasing clothes for a loved one in a care facility, look for garments that are comfortable and stylish, but double-check that they do not require any special care, like ironing or dry cleaning. Also, be sure they are labeled clearly with the person’s name.” — C.G. in Michigan
• If you want your chocolate chip cookies to really pop, sprinkle lightly with course sea salt before baking. They do not come out tasting salty. Rather, the salt enhances the sweetness and make the whole thing extra delicious.
• “When you shop for shoes, go in the evening. Feet swell and expand throughout the day, so if you buy shoes in the morning, the fit might not feel too good later in the day.” — A.T. in Louisiana
• “I make my grilled cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise instead of butter. I know it sounds gross, but it is so good. The oil and egg in the mayo flavor and crisp the bread without leaving it too greasy.” — S.O. in Alabama
• To ease the ache of a “brain freeze” after eating or drinking something really cold, simply cup your hands over your mouth and nose. Blow out hot air, and it recirculates to warm your palate in seconds. Works like a charm.
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, 628 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 32803.