• Keep your cute collared shirt separate from your pullover sweater by adding a third layer in between. A tighter-fitting tank keeps the shirt in place and not bunching up, allowing the sweater to move freely.
• “Use a black permanent marker (like a Sharpie) to fix a small bleach spot on a black cotton top. As long as you have the right color match, you could do the same with any color top. I sometimes get small bleach spots on a shirt from cleaning.” — J.J. in Florida
• Working hard at your job but not really getting anywhere? If your work ethic is impeccable but your client list or productivity leaves something to be desired, you might be in the wrong career. Take stock of your personal and professional strengths, then check in with a career coach. Experts say it’s never too late to find the right fit.
• “Keep old toothbrushes for cleaning and crafting (and makeup applications). But to make sure you know the difference between used and not, wrap the end with a small piece of duct tape.” — E.L. in Arizona
• On a diet and quit soda? Here’s a fabulous use for it: Pour a can in the toilet and close the lid. Come back for a quick scrub 30 minutes later, and you may find that the cola has eaten away at the hardwater mineral buildup. It’ll change the way you look at soda!
• This bears repeating now that the holiday season is approaching and we’ll all be out on the roads: Make sure your tires are properly inflated and your car’s air filter is clean. Both can drastically reduce your fuel efficiency.
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, 628 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 32803.