• Putting up new calendars? Before you toss your old one, be sure to look through it for important anniversaries, and cut out and save any pictures or art that might be reusable for craft projects.
• Wrapping up your decorations is a snap with a visit to the recycling bin: egg cartons for ornaments, paper towel cores to wrap lights around, and newspaper for tinsel or lengths of fake boughs.
• “Is your showerhead spraying in all directions? There may be a buildup of mineral deposits blocking some of the holes. Here’s a good way to get that cleaned out, and it’s no scrub, mostly. Fill a plastic baggie halfway with a vinegar and water solution. Lift it up and put the showerhead into the vinegar. Then secure the bag over the pipe tightly using tape or a hair elastic. Let it sit while you’re at work or running errands. Then remove and run the shower normally.” — R.E. in Oklahoma
• Do you use the clutter basket trick? As you clean your home, or just when tidying, carry a basket from room to room. Items that belong in another room go in the basket to be delivered to the right room along the way.
• “Make your own coffee creamer with this easy recipe: Combine 1 can of sweetened condensed milk with 2 cups of whole milk and 1/3 to 1/2 cup flavoring syrup, available in the coffee aisle of your grocery store. Add a teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract for additional flavor.” — W.B. in New York
• Use dry flour or cornstarch on a microfiber cloth for stubborn grease on stainless steel. It absorbs and buffs.
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, 628 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 32803.
(c) 2018 King Features Syndicate, Inc.