•“I store my extra sheets under the bed they go with in a storage box. On the lid of the box, I write the date when the mattress needs to be flipped. This way I never forget how long it has been.” — W.F in Arkansas
• One way to de-pill a sweater is using a new scrubbie from kitchen. Just hold the sweater taut, and use the rough side of a kitchen sponge to lightly brush the fabric, letting it catch the pills and sweep them away.
• “To get rid of brassy undertones in your hair, mix 10 drops of blue food coloring and 5 drops of red food coloring in 2.5 cups of vinegar, and apply as a rinse to hair. The purple cools the red tones, and banishes the brass. The vinegar smell does dissipate, and it leaves hair with a softened shine, too.” — I.W. in Louisiana
• Did you squeeze out too much eye cream? Use it on your cuticles.” — A.S. in Florida
• Here’s the secret to dealing with muddy shoe prints: Let them dry. Loosen dirt clumps and vacuum up as much as possible. Then come in with an appropriate carpet cleaner. Never add water to mud.
• Set a standing appointment to check in with your budget and checkbook. If you don’t already have a budget set, now’s the time. Remember to factor in quarterly or yearly payments. You can divide them by the number of months they cover (say, six for car insurance) and pay that amount into your savings account each month. When the time comes to pay the bill, you’ll have the money ready.
(c) 2019 King Features Syndicate, Inc.