• “I use those individually packaged (usually 30 or 50 per box) eyeglass lens wipes to clean my glasses, and before they dry out, I use them to wipe down the touchpad on my microwave and stove. I use them to wipe down my phone screen, too.” — J.F. in Washington
• Still getting your groceries in plastic bags? Make sure you are recycling them. To make it easy, simply gather all your bags when you put away your purchases and put them in your trunk. The next time you shop, drop them off in the appropriate container at the store. Never put plastic bags in your curbside recycling bin.
• When replacing the box of baking soda from your fridge, dump the old one into your kitchen drain and follow with a couple cups of white vinegar. After a few minutes, flush the drain with hot water to leave it clean and smelling fresh.
• Is your silverware collection hanging around tarnishing? Well here’s a great tip from a friend up north: “Ketchup will polish silver.” — C.I. in Minnesota
• “If you accidentally spill water on a book, separate the pages with pieces of wax paper. Then close the book. As it dries, the wax paper wicks moisture and prevents wrinkles. Also, wax paper is microwave safe and allows moisture to escape, so food doesn’t get soggy.” — A.W. in Idaho
• Help prevent your socks from getting fuzzballs in the dryer by turning them inside out before washing, according to M. from Saskatchewan, Canada
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, 628 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 32803.
(c) 2019 King Features Syndicate, Inc.