• “Every time I cook bacon in a frying pan it’s always a greasy mess. My roommate totally blew my mind when she put hers in the oven. Try it out at 400 F and be astonished. No mess!” — P.A. in Florida
• If your clothes or towels have a musty odor, it might be time to give your washing machine a freshener. The inside of your washer is often wet or damp, which can lead to mildew buildup in the machine as well as the hoses. Front-loading machines may have mildew buildup on the gasket. There are products you can buy for just this purpose, but if you want to try a DIY washing machine mix, simply add some baking soda to the machine and use it for a little scrub action. Then add 2 cups of white vinegar and run on a hot cycle with no clothes.
• Ever think that jeans and pants take up way too much space folded in drawers? Y.R. from Washington says that to save space, she hangs her pants and jeans on S hooks in her closet.
• Want to make fun and interesting pancakes shapes for special occasions or to spice up everyday breakfast? Use metal cookie cutters to easily achieve superfun shapes. Simply spray pan and inside of the cookie cutter with a nonstick cooking spray and slowly add batter to the inside. Use tongs to flip when stable.
• “My chargers and cables always end up tangled and messy looking. My problem was completely solved when I took a few binder clips and threaded the cords though the metal ‘wings,’ which help them stay put. Now I keep a cord by my bedside table and my desk so it’s convenient to charge wherever I am sitting.” — F.C. in North Carolina
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, 628 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 32803.
(c) 2019 King Features Syndicate, Inc.